Why don’t some vehicles have fuel economy numbers?
The Vehicle Emissions Guide is limited to light-duty vehicles and light-duty trucks. Heavy-duty vehicles over 8,500 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight Rating are excluded by law from the Federal fuel economy regulations.
- EPA’s Frequently Asked Questions about Fuel Economy and Emission Standards
- How are vehicles tested for fuel economy?
- How are vehicles tested for emissions?
- Why is fuel economy important?
- Why don't some vehicles have fuel economy numbers?
- Are there standards for fuel economy as there are for emissions?