- Maintain Safe Distances from Other Drivers
- Driving at least 2-3 car lengths behind other vehicles.
- Smooth Starts
- Gradually applying pressure to the gas pedal for smooth, steady acceleration.
- Smooth Stops
- Gradually braking to come to a slow, smooth and complete stop.
- Speed Control
- Controlling your speed and obeying all posted speed limits.
- Trip Chaining
- Consolidate errands into one vehicle trip with a route that makes it convenient to get from place to place.
- Use of Cruise Control at Highway Speeds
- Using cruise control at highway speeds reduces fuel consumption by reducing excess gas pedal activity.
- Vehicle Warm-Up Idling
- Warming up your vehicle by starting the engine and allowing it to run while parked.
Glossary terms A-J