- Fuel filters trap harmful contaminants that may cause problems with carburetors and intricate fuel injectors.
- On carburetor cars, replace filter once a year.
- On fuel injection cars it’s best to replace every 2 years or 24,000 miles.
- A contaminated filter can restrict fuel flow from your car’s electric fuel pump.
- Frequent replacements remove all doubt if filter will cause other problems down the road.
- It’s best to have filter changed by qualified service professional because there are numerous technicalities associated with changing the fuel filter, many of which can be dangerous.