Checking Tire Tread and Rotating Tires
- Regular tread checks are important to ensure car’s tires are safe.
- Excessive wear = loss of traction.
- It’s best to replace tires in sets of four.
- Excessive wear on both outer edges = under inflation.
- Excessive wear in center of tread indicates over-inflation.
- Tire rotation helps to equalize tread wear and is critical to gain maximum life from your tire investment.
- Refer to your owner’s manual for recommended rotation interval and pattern. Generally every 6,000 miles is recommended.